Conversation overheard at the lunch table today :
Person1 **: Do you cook? Or Help your wife in the kitchen.
Male1* : If my Mom is there, then I do not even enter the kitchen, if my wife is there, I might help her.
Unless I am challenged, I do not venture in the kitchen.
Male2* :with copious amount of pride I do not even put my plate to wash after I am done.
Whenever we go out with friends, some woman or the other mentions that her Husband cooks and helps in the kitchen, and then wife keeps nagging me that I do not even lift my own plate, but I still do not lift my plate!!!!!
Male3* : I help zero percent in the kitchen, why did I get married if I have to help!!!!
When did it become alright to brag about your obvious laziness? I know for a fact that Male2's wife also works full time (outside the house). Is lifting or plate or helping in the kitchen such an alien concept in this day and age? (whether your spouse works or not)
It was a difficult conversion to butt out of, but I did***, I need to talk to these peoples wives :)
** NOT ME, I steer clear of these discussions
* With immense pride obviously
*** Did not see a point, and not my battle to fight. And was neither the right time nor the place.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Talk to me :)